Bea Alonzo & Zanjoe Marudo break up confirmed

By Ferdie Villar
Published: January 21, 2016 | No Comments

AFTER almost five years of being in a relationship, Kapamilya stars Bea Alonzo and Zanjoe Marudo decided to call it quits.

In his radio program on DZMM last Saturday, Jan. 16, talent manager and actor Ogie Diaz confirmed that the couple had indeed gone their separate ways.

Bea, the star of the blockbuster film A Second Chance, earlier admitted having problems about her relationship with her boyfriend. Zanjoe, on the other hand, said that there have been serious talks but pointed out that those conversations were normal for any couple.

There had been speculations between the two stars in the past, especially when PEP.ph reported that Zanjoe went on vacation in Europe alone sometime in 2015.

But one rumor that came out was the possibility that Bea and A Second Chance co-star John Lloyd Cruz are now more than friends. This was denied by John Lloyd’s current girlfriend, actress Angelica Panganiban, saying that she and the actor are still very much together.

Let’s hope that Bea and Zanjoe’s break up was amicable and not because of a third party.


Another couple that separated recently was Ciara Sotto and her husband, TV executive Jojo Oconer. The couple have been married for almost five years now, and have an 11-month-old son.

The actress/dancer made the announcement on her Instagram last January 15.

She posted, “These past weeks have been very difficult for me and my son.

“It’s true that I moved out of our home and decided to go back to my parents’ house for now.

“The truth is painful, but it is what it is. I know that the Lord will strengthen me after this.

“I prefer to keep my privacy at this time & I would appreciate the public respecting this. Thank you to those who are sending me messages of support and encouragement.”

She also asked for privacy from the public.

Although Ciara didn’t mention the reason for the separation, her other posts seem to be leaning towards cheating.

One person that seems to be involved is actress Valeen Montenegro. The 25-year-old Kapuso star is said to be the third party and reason for the separation between Ciara and Jojo.

According to reports, Jojo is the Senior Vice President and CEO of APT Entertainment, the producer of GMA 7 shows Sunday PinaSaya and Princess in the Palace, which Valeen is part of.

APT is also one of the producers of the Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) 2015 entry My Bebe Love, which the actress is also one of the stars.

The rumor was Valeen has been getting these projects because of her affair with Jojo.

However, Valeen’s manager Olive de Jesus denied that there was anything romantic going on between her talent and Jojo.

Through a text message sent to entertainment columnist Jobert Sucaldito, Olive said, “…It’s not true that Valeen is Sir Jojo Oconer’s ‘girl.’ Si Mamu Andrew de Real [owner of the bar and restaurant The Library] ang nag-recommend kay Valeen sa APT. Then we had a meeting with Mr. T [Tony Tuviera] and Direk Mike Tuviera.

“That how she got into Sunday PinaSaya. I hope we can clarify the issue. Thank you.”

Let’s hope that this issue will get resolved soon.

Facebook Comments

Comments are closed.