Los Angeles City Planning last week released a third extension of time for community comments. The new deadline of February 3 was requested by CD-7 Councilman Felipe Fuentes and others to give the community and neighbors a chance to review and comment on two additional proposed amendments (numbers 5 and 6), to the original Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR). The new amendments now include the building of 18 homes where “Bandito Park” is situated adjacent to Tujunga Canyon Boulevard and a reduction of total houses from 229 houses to be built in the 58.3 acre parcel, down to 18 multi-acre “Equestrian Estates” and the option of which would “possibly” dedicate 28.4 acres of undeveloped land to the city. The HWS Investment Group purchased the Verdugo Hills Golf Course in 2002 and began the steps necessary to create a gated community where the golf course now sits. The project was supposedly named “Snowball” in honor of a Maltese dog
- news4th of July with Sierra Group
- ContributedAsk Rusty: Legal Non-Citizen Resident Gets Spousal Benefits
- ObituariesJohanna (Jo) T. Klohs Swart, March 25, 1936 – March 31, 2018
- RecipesSpring Carrot Tart
- EntertainmentTwo Shows Added Due to Popular Demand! Michael Frayn’s Noises Off
- Letters & PerspectivesSave Central Park!
- EntertainmentParson’s Nose Theater Presents “Clearly Classics: Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night”
- LifestyleJoin Garcetti’s Shelter Crisis Declaration
- View from the Rock4th of July Celebration…To Hell in a Hand Bag?
- Local NewsCoffee with the Captain!