Dana Stangel the Animal Affairs rep of the STNC made a presentation promoting the “Barn Owl Box” (pictured at right) as an ecologically sound way of controlling vermin and rodents in the neighborhood. Those who use poison bait to control rats and ground squirrels, take the chance of also poisoning pets and local animals which might eat the poisoned vermin. The Barn Owl Boxes are both an effective method of enticing Barn Owls to your property, but the purchase of them also provides funds to the Audubon Society. For more information, you can contact Dana Stangel through Facebook or the Sunland-Tujunga Neighborhood Council
- ContributedHow to Safeguard This Big Investment
- ContributedAfter the Shaking Stops – the Deafening Silence Begins. Are You Prepared?
- Entertainment“Live at the Arboretum” With Trace Adkins, June 16
- LifestyleGood Shopping At Goodwill
- RecipesQuinoa Salad with Serrano Chiles
- View from the RockYup, it was quite a week.
- FrontpageErratic Driver Apprehended After Colliding with Fire Hydrant
- FrontpageMeth Lab and Illegal Marijuana Growing Operation Discovered After Neighbors Report Smoke
- news4th of July with Sierra Group
- ContributedAsk Rusty: Legal Non-Citizen Resident Gets Spousal Benefits