Neighbor Perishes; Please Help

Firefighter calls for more water as apartment explodes in flames

All fires are tragedies, but this April 1 apartment fire on the 7000 block of Greeley St. was more so.

Jesse Arelleno was in the his kitchen when the fire broke out. He had been released from the hospital the day before after having had brain surgery.

The fire burned with such intensity that he was not able to escape. His wife made it out though the smoke and flames and watched in horror as the apartment and everything in it was destroyed. She not only lost her husband but her home, two cats and her beloved bird, Sunshine.

Her nephew has set up a GoFundMe account to help with the funeral costs. Please do what you can by logging on to: www.gofundme.com/ejrbt6- ease-the-financial-burdenfor-lelah.

Facebook Comments

POST A COMMENT.