- news4th of July with Sierra Group
- ContributedAsk Rusty: Legal Non-Citizen Resident Gets Spousal Benefits
- ObituariesJohanna (Jo) T. Klohs Swart, March 25, 1936 – March 31, 2018
- RecipesSpring Carrot Tart
- EntertainmentTwo Shows Added Due to Popular Demand! Michael Frayn’s Noises Off
- Letters & PerspectivesSave Central Park!
- EntertainmentParson’s Nose Theater Presents “Clearly Classics: Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night”
- LifestyleJoin Garcetti’s Shelter Crisis Declaration
- View from the Rock4th of July Celebration…To Hell in a Hand Bag?
- Local NewsCoffee with the Captain!
by Bob Garver You’re probably expecting me to trash this movie. And make no mistake, it deserves to get trashed. Its script is horrendous, its editing is a joke, its jokes are painful, and all
by Bob Garver “The Mummy” is the first official entry in the “Dark Universe,” a franchise where Universal aims to revive its classic movie monsters and have them mingle. Think of it as a
By Bob Garver I’ve found that the “Pirates of the Caribbean” movies benefit from low expectations. Take the original, “Curse of the Black Pearl” from 2003. At first, it seemed like a bad idea to
by Bob Garver In amongst the jokes and the cheesy 80’s soundtrack, a theme of redemption ran throughout 2014’s “Guardians of the Galaxy.” The team was comprised of various lowlifes who finally
by Bob Garver For over a decade, you knew exactly what you were getting with a “Fast & Furious” movie. You went to see one of these movies, you got fast cars, gratuitous shots of women, dumb
by Bob Garver This past weekend was not fun for new releases. No studio wanted to compete with “The Fate of the Furious” in its second weekend, so the slate was kept free of potential
by Bob Garver I make it a point not to put out year-end “worst of” lists because there are so many bad movies that I can’t be bothered to see. I have better things to do with my time and money
by Bob Garver Last week I reviewed “Beauty and the Beast,” which was based on a beloved classic from my childhood. This week’s film is “Power Rangers,” which is also based on a property I was